Picking the right HVAC system for your Asheville, NC, home can involve various factors and decisions. One of the first choices you’ll need to make is whether to go with ductless or central heating and air conditioning. Knowing the differences between these two systems will help you decide which is best for your home. Sheer Comfort has some insight for choosing between central and ductless HVAC.
Ductless HVAC in Asheville: Advantages
- Ductless HVAC systems are designed to work without the need of- you guessed it- ducts. This makes it possible to install them in virtually any building or structure, as they need only a connection to electricity and a small refrigerant line run to the outdoor unit. Central systems require ductwork that is often difficult, if not impossible, to retrofit into older buildings.
- The elimination of ductwork means cleaner air, as ducts collect dust and debris that is then circulated throughout the home. A ductless system can protect you from the severe health effects of mold and other bacteria.
- These systems have superior zoning capabilities which increases their efficiency. Units can be installed solely in the rooms that need them, as opposed to the whole house. On the other hand, central systems often need expensive thermostats to achieve efficient zoning.
Central HVAC in Fletcher, NC: Advantages
- Traditional HVAC systems don’t come with the same hefty price tag as ductless units. Mini-splits (ductless) can have expensive initial costs and installation fees, making central air the economical choice.
- If aesthetics are important to you, you may want to stick with a central system. While ductless systems require somewhat noticeable units to rest on walls throughout the house, central air is much more “out of sight, out of mind.”
- For whole house heating and air conditioning, central HVAC systems can’t be beat. Ductwork efficiently circulates treated air through the entire household at optimal temperature and humidity levels.
For the best advice on what system is right for your home in the Asheville area, contact Sheer Comfort Heating & Air Conditioning today!